Happy Sunday everyone! It's getting down to the crunch now with Christmas only a few days away so I think this is the perfect time to do 'The Christmas Tag'! Enjoy!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I would say a toss up between The Polar Express and It's a Wonderful Life. I just love George Bailey!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Most of time, because I live in Canada, our Christmas' are white. I wouldn't have it any other way.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Usually on Christmas Eve it's just my immediate family and we have a nice dinner together and then on Christmas Day the whole extended family comes over to our house to celebrate.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
For fun Christmas songs, my favourite is "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives. For more traditional songs, "O Holy Night" the Josh Groban version is amazing!
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
That's actually never been a tradition in my family. Although, we always put all of our presents out on Christmas Eve and you get to see the first reactions to people seeing the paper and ribbons they have to wait till morning to open.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Definitely! I once won a chocolate prize in high school for being able to name them all! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Oh, and Rudolph of course ; )
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
The weekend before Christmas (this weekend in fact) my Mum, Dad, sister, and I go out to dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant and then go driving about looking at all the Christmas lights displays in the neighbourhood. This year so many people decorated and went all out so it was spectacular!
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We have a fake tree because my Mum is allergic to the real ones. But as long as I don't have to constantly be sweeping up needles, its fine by me : )
9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
My favourite holiday food would have to be the Christmas 'Sugar and Spice' cookies my Mum makes.
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Uh, probably both. I recently got my best friend Ana a great Christmas present and I was so excited to give it her. I love seeing people's faces when you get them something that you remembered they loved or that you know will be very special to them. But, I do like receiving gifts with sentimental attachment. It shows how well the people closest to you really know you.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I think when I was nine my parents got me a Scooter and I remember being so surprised. I used to ride on it everywhere.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would love to go to Germany to see the Nuremberg Christmas Market. Apparently, it's been around for hundreds of years and it's the perfect place for my love of Christmas and my love of history to combine : )
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Haha! I am the master of disguise when it comes to wrapping! I wish I could be one of those mall wrappers.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
One year for Christmas, my family went to Walt Disney World and on the Disney Cruise and I've never forgotten how amazingly decorated it was. I'm going to have to go look for those photos now, haha!
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I remember asking my parents when I was younger and they had always maintained that once we figured it out, they weren't going to try and convince us otherwise. For me, it never made Christmas any less special, so no damage done.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I never make resolutions. I more reflect on what I've done in the previous year and look forward to everything I'll do the next year.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
I love spending time with my immediate family and the general feeling that comes with Christmas. The season brings a magic I often wish could last longer to keep the happiness it brings people.